35th Bay Ford NZ Punter of the Year 2022
ARE YOU NZ’S BEST PUNTER?
The 2022 Bay Ford New Zealand Punter of the Year Competition will be held in conjunction with the COLLIERS New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival on our Livamol Classic Premier Race Day Saturday 15th October 2022 which features New Zealand’s premier WFA race, the Group I $250,000 Livamol Classic.
2022 will be again an on-course only event with the winner receiving a cash prize of $20,000 so be on-course to enjoy New Zealand's best race day live. The prizes and all details are outlined below for the competition.
In order to secure your spot in New Zealand’s Premier Punting Competition you will need to complete your registration via the form below!
$20,000 + the title of the Bay Ford NZ Punter of the Year.
The Punter who has the second highest balance at the conclusion of the competition receives courtesy of Hawke’s Bay Racing: $3000 betting voucher.
The Punter who turns over the most money throughout the competition receives: A betting voucher to the value of $1500.
Mystery Spot Prizes
A draw will be made from all entrants for exciting prizes.
Friday 15th October
2pm Packages available for collection in the foyer of the Cheval Room. Registrations close at 7pm. On receipt of your payment you will receive your NZ POTY Pack containing your passes. Please note we are able to take EFTPOS and/or credit cards (There will be a 5% surcharge for credit card payments).
5.30pm Meet & Greet in the Cheval Room with Andre Neill All participants are invited to join owners and trainers in the Cheval Room for a drink and nibbles at our “Meet and Greet” function. This evening is sure to be a treat for all with giveaways throughout the night and full coverage of the first two days racing of the 2022 COLLIERS New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival. A cash bar will be operating. Get some hot tips for the next day! Totes will be open for betting during the evening.
Saturday 15th October – THE MAIN EVENT
10:30am The Cheval Room open - tea and coffee available along with finger food.
11.00am Totes open - Competition bets to be placed at competition windows only.
11:30am POTY Instructions and welcome
TBC (possibly around 12.30pm) - First Race The top ten place getters will be updated after each race and displayed on the scoreboard.
Approx 1.30pm – Buffet Lunch for all entrants served
TBC (possibly around 5.30pm) - Last Race followed by the presentation of the 2022 Bay Ford New Zealand Punter of the Year
Approx 7:30pm - Bar and Tote Close
*Please note if you have not collected your entry tickets by Friday, you will need to contact the office to be added to the gates list OR pay the gate admission of $25 per person which can be refunded within an hour of the last race at the Secretary’s Office.
$75 per person includes:
Friday night meet & greet, 3 complimentary beverages per team for use on the Friday or Saturday, racebooks, pens, hospitality in the Cheval Room on Race Day with Saturday morning brunch, reduced bar prices, afternoon tea and a delicious buffet luncheon.
*Please note host responsibility conditions apply
PLEASE NOTE: One registration form is required per person or syndicate of a maximum of THREE people per $1,500. Punters may have multiple entries (teams).
If you wish to have an additional entry please photocopy your form and complete one form for every additional $1,500 i.e. three attempts, three forms!
Dress Code: Entrants are reminded that this Raceday is a premier occasion and it is expected that people dress accordingly.
RULES AND CONDITIONS FOR THE 2022 BAY FORD NEW ZEALAND PUNTER OF THE YEAR
Just a reminder that the TAB needs to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering/Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009. Under this Act the TAB will need to know more about customers that bet or collect $1,000 or more.
The Punter of The Year (POTY) competition and betting syndicates are subject to this legislation. When you register your team in the POTY, the syndicate's principal member undertaking this role will need a TAB betting account. If the member does not have an account then ID will be required to enable the TAB to issue a "Punters Pass".
Acceptable ID for a Punters Pass is:
• Passport or Firearms licence + proof of address or;
• Drivers licence + bank card + proof of address.
The principal syndicate member needs to be aware that each time he/she bets or collects $1,000 or more will need to provide their TAB account/Punters Pass number and PIN.
Rules and Conditions
1. Employees of Hawke’s Bay Racing and any persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to enter this competition. TAB agents may act as syndicate managers for the purpose of this competition but may not participate themselves.
2. Entry to the NZ Punter of the Year Arena is restricted to three people per $1,500 betting entry. At time of registration entrants must prepay their hospitality.
3. REGISTRATIONS must be received by Hawke’s Bay Racing before Friday the 14th October 2022.
4. PAYMENT must be received by Hawke’s Bay Racing by close of business Thursday the 13th October unless special arrangements have been made with the club.
5. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt. When maximum numbers have been received Hawke’s Bay Racing reserves the right to either cease accepting further registrations or to provide an alternative to on site attendance.
6. Only on course entrants will be permitted in the Cheval Room.
7. Hawke’s Bay Racing reserves the right to allow late entries to the competition in the event of a cancellation.
8. Each betting transaction must start and finish with a deposit betting voucher. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
9. A minimum of $150 must be invested on each race at the Hawke’s Bay Racing’s meeting. If an entrant’s balance is less than $150, then they must invest their remaining balance on the next race.
10. The maximum investment on race one is $1,500. The maximum for subsequent races is $1,500 less competition bets plus competition dividends (i.e. each entrant’s competition balance).
11. A contestant will not be disqualified if their entire balance is held up due to an inquiry. If part of their balance is held up due to an inquiry, the minimum investment rule (no.5) still applies.
12. It is the contestant’s responsibility to ensure their investments are placed on time. No claims for incorrect or lost tickets will be considered as part of the competition.
13. It is a condition of entry that the onus to check tickets remains with the contestant. Neither Hawke’s Bay Racing Inc. nor the TAB NZ has any liability to acknowledge tickets which contestants’ claim are incorrect.
14. All Up bets, Poker bets, Pick 6, Place 6, Fixed odds and Multi’s, cannot be taken as part of the competition.
15. The winner of the Main Prize will be the contestant who has achieved the greatest profit after dividends have been paid on all races at Hawke’s Bay. In an event of a tie the money will be shared equally between all tied contestants.
16. Verification followed by official notification of the competition winner will take place in the week following Saturday 15th October 2022. The decision on the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into between the TAB NZ, Hawke’s Bay Racing Incorporated and the entrants.
17. If any entrant does not adhere to any of these rules and conditions they will be disqualified.
18. An entrant may be an individual or a syndicate. A syndicate must have a principal member to whom any winnings will be paid. The makeup and any shares of any syndicate are the responsibility of the principal syndicate member.
19. Name of contestants will be disclosed, although a Pseudonym (nom de plume) may be used for publicity purposes.
20. If, for any reason the race meeting is postponed or cancelled, the person who has the highest balance at the time the meeting is stopped on this day shall be determined the winner. The prize pool will be at the discretion of Hawke’s Bay Racing Inc.
21. Hawke’s Bay Racing Inc and the TAB NZ shall be the sole judges of the application of the Rules and Conditions for the NZ Punter of the Year Competition and after giving the opportunity to any disaffected or interested party to make any submission, Hawke’s Bay Racing’s and the TAB NZ’s decision in regard to the matter shall be determinative and no further correspondence or communication entered into.
ENTRIES – RULES
1. $1,500 betting fund in cash, eftpos or credit card must be deposited with the Club by Thursday 13th October 2022 unless special arrangements have been made with the club. There will be a 2.5% surcharge for all credit card payments.
2. All contestants will be given their betting vouchers at the commencement of the day in the Punter of the Year room following identification.
3. All bets to be on pre-numbered betting slips supplied by Hawke’s Bay Racing Inc. that shall be retained after bets have been placed.
4. At the end of the day, the TAB software will trace all transactions made against each contestant’s starting betting voucher. This will enable confirmation of final on course results to be announced at the NZ Punter of the Year Presentation.
5. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. Special Conditions apply to the travel prizes.